1st Middlesex (Victorias) Rifle Volunteers Officer's waist belt clasp circa 1859. A fine and scarce silver-plated interlocking buckle with matching numbers to both halves. Plain circlet, centrally a lion mask in high relief. Plain belt loops. VGC Duke of Cumberlands Sharpshooters survived the volunteer disbandments of 1814 as a rifle club being granted the title The Royal Victoria Rifle Club in 1835 and in 1853 permitted to be styled the Victoria Volunteer Rifle Corps; became 1st Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps in 1859 with HQ at Kilburn. In 1867 HQ moved to St. Johns Wood.